Just Another Right-Wing Rant

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Good things not to do

Here's a trap for young players:

You take a saucepan out of the oven, where it has been sitting at about 200 degrees for over a hour. You use oven mits to do this, because the saucepan is hot. You take the oven mits off, then try to lift the lid off the saucepan with your bare hands...

I swear I heard my flesh sizzle.

The upshot of this is that I have blisters on four of my fingers. Suprisingly, after the first night they haven't really given me much pain. I suspect this is because I cauterized the nerve endings, and when they grow back the pain will start in earnest. But for now I just have blisters. They are even odd blisters; the layer of burnt skin over them is quite hard, feeling almost like a callous from playing the guitar.

And that's the worst thing about it; there is no way I can play guitar with four fingers on my right hand out of action. I am deeply distraught.

2 Comments:

  • mmmm. Put aloevera gell on it. Although I've never done that myself, I have a lot of scars on my hands from hot things out of the oven. Another mistake is putting hot glass under cold water. I cracked my best saucepan lid that way.

    By Blogger Ang, at 17:28  

  • Yep, aloe vera is good stuff.

    By Blogger Tom, at 18:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home