Just Another Right-Wing Rant

Monday, October 09, 2006

Makin' Music

I have just bought one of these:



It is a Fender BXR-60, which I bought second-hand for AU$220. The BXR-60 stands for Bass eXtended Range, 60W RMS. Pretty much says it all.

Although I've been playing acoustic guitar for about ten years now, and bass for about five, this is the first amp I've ever bought. I know, slow off the mark, aren't I?

So far I've only tried playing my acoustic through it. Of course, it's not meant to be a guitar amplifier, so I wouldn't be surprised if it sounded awful, but it actually sounds OK. The tone starts to get a bit hairy as the volume goes up, but that could be because I'm playing it in a fairly small room with solid brick walls - not exactly an ideal acoustic.

For any interested, that is my acoustic guitar (which I've posted raved about before) in the background. It's beautiful. I love it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home